In the recent times, quinoa has gained popularity. It’s all thanks to its ‘super food’ status. It is often mistaken for a grain when in fact, it is a seed.
Power-packed and nutritious, quinoa is a tasty addition to your meal. If you are unsure how to get started with this ingredient, this pudding might be an interesting way to consume it.
- Quinoa – 3/4 cup
- Almond milk – 2 cups
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tspn
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tspn
- Stevia – 4 tspns
- Walnuts, almond slivers and raisins – To garnish
- Combine almond milk (you could also use regular, skim or soy milk), vanilla essence, stevia (replace this with sugar or sweeteners of your choice) and cinnamon powder in a pan and let it simmer.
- Add water and quinoa and keep stirring the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Partially cover and cook for 20-25 minutes in medium-low flame.
- Add more or less milk depending on how you’d like the consistency of the pudding.
- Garnish with dry fruits or fresh fruits.
- This is a perfect breakfast; it even works well as a healthy dessert.