A warm and comforting soup to beat the winter cravings.
- Carrot – 2 (peeled and cut into medium-sized chunks)
- Onion (medium) – 1 chopped
- Chopped Garlic -1 tblspn
- Chopped Ginger – 1 Tblspn
- Water /Stock – 4 cups
- Bay leaves – 2
- Chilli (optional) – 1
- Cumin powder – ¼ tspn
- Chilli powder – ½ tspn
- Oil – 1 ½ tspn
- Salt and pepper – To season
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and garlic, cook till the raw smell leaves.
- Toss in the ginger and carrot chunks and cook for a few minutes till they get slightly soft.
- Pour in the water/stock, add the bay leaves and dry spices.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, turn the flame down to medium-low, cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 to 20 mins or till the carrots are completely soft.
- After the carrots have softened, strain the water and reserve it.
- Using a stick blender or mixie, blend the mixture. Keep adding the reserved water till the desired consistency for the soup is achieved.
- Season and serve hot.
- You could add other dry spices that you like to enhance the flavour.
- You could also blend the soup with a tablespoon of chopped coriander for a fresh taste.
- You could also serve the soup with sour cream or cheese.