The versatile yoghurt comes to the rescue when you want something delish, nutritious creamy and not very fattening. This time the humble yoghurt comes in the form of a spicy, curried, low-fat dip.
This dip is simple to put together, requires very few ingredients, tastes fabulous and keeps well in the fridge for up to a week. Sounds like a winner, doesn’t it?
- Low-fat, thick yoghurt or Greek yoghurt – 2 cups
- Curry powder – 3/4 to 1 tblspn
- Garlic powder (optional) – 1/2 tspn
- Spring onions (optional) – 2, white and light green parts chopped finely
- Chilli flakes – 1/4 tspn
- Cracked black pepper – To taste
- Salt – To taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the yoghurt smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix to combine all the ingredients well.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favourite snack.
- Use hung curd for a thick dip.
- If you like the dip a little runny, use a little water to thin the dip.
- Replace fresh garlic in place of garlic powder.
- Curry powder is available as Madras curry power in many supermarkets. If you can’t find it, use a little subzi masala or Kitchen King Masala.