The winter has officially begun in Australia, and I am missing the warm weather terribly.
As I reminisce about the bright, summer days on a cold, rainy day, I bring to you watermelon lemonade. This cold drink is just what you need to beat the heat.
With the sweet melon getting a hint of freshness from lemons, and who needs highly-processed & sugary drinks?
- Watermelon – 4 cups, cubed
- Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- Ice cubes – A handful
- Put all the ingredients into a blending jar, and blend it well.
- Pour the drink into glasses, serve chilled.
- If you don’t like the drink pulpy, strain it before serving.
- Add a few mint leaves while blending for added freshness.
- For a citrusy kick, squeeze juice from half an orange.