The red juicy watermelon has gone into the blender with complementing ingredients to make this cold, savoury soup that is a perfect soother for hot, sunny days.
- Watermelon – (seedless) – ½, cubed
- Onion – 1 roughly chopped
- Red capsicum (large) – 1, deseeded, deveined and roughly chopped
- Green chilli(optional) – 1, stem removed
- Cucumber – 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- Celery stalk (optional) – 1, roughly chopped
- Tabasco sauce/ chilli sauce – 1 tspn
- Vinegar – ½ tblspn
- Lemon juice – ½ tbslspn
- Water – To blend
- Coriander leaves – A few sprigs + a little more for garnish
- Salt – To taste
- Cracked black pepper – To season
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend it to a smooth mixture.
- Add more water if required to achieve desired consistency.
- Season with more salt and pepper, as required.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve chilled.
- Use fresh red chillies or jalapeno depending on your threshold for spiciness.
- Add yellow or capsicum for more body in the soup.