Soup season is upon us Down Under, and I love it because they make for quick weeknight dinners. Hello, bulk freezing! At home, we have been consuming soups on most nights and no one is complaining!
This week I have been craving a lot of greens and a green smoothie just won’t cut it for me. And better way than a soup to take care of the cravings! Wholesome, nutritious, and just the comforting warm meal.
This delicious soup hardly takes any time and super easy to make bigger batches and chuck in the freezer for nights you just can’t be bothered to cook but still want to keep things clean.
- Spinach – 500g
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Green chillies (optional) – 4, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 5 cloves, chopped
- Stock/ water – 300ml
- Cream – 2 tblspn.
- Oil – 2 tspns (or 1 tblspn. butter)
- Salt & pepper – To taste
1. I used baby spinach, use any spinach of your liking.
2. I love using cream to give this soup some thickness, feel free to omit of you have dietary restrictions.
3. If vegan, coconut cream or coconut milk will work just as well!
4. Chillies give the soup a much-needed kick. I have used Asian green chillies. Feel free to omit it or replace with another type.