It is International Day of Happiness, and I am serving food that makes me the happiest. Soups are not just comforting but incredibly tasty and filling too. The zucchini and leek soup is a low-fat, low-carb, yummy soup loaded with nutrition and flavour.
Here’s wishing everyone the best on International Day of Happiness.
- Zucchini- 2, remove the tops and roughly chop them
- Leeks – 1, with the green parts and ends trimmed
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Potato – 1 washed and peeled
- Green chillies (optional) – 2
- Celery (optional) – 2 sticks, roughly chopped
- Stock/ water – 4 cups
- Oil – 1 tblspn; if using butter, add a small knob
- Salt and pepper – To season
- Cream – 1 tspn. for each serve
- Heat oil in a pot, add the garlic and leeks.
- Sweat them out a little.
- Add the celery and potato chunks, and coat them in the oil well.
- Cover the pot and cook them in medium heat.
- Keep stirring in between to prevent burning.
- Toss in the zucchini and stir once.
- Pour stock or water and allow the vegetables and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan, turn the flame to medium and allow the soup to simmer and cook the vegetables till tender.
- Once done, use a stick blender and make a smooth soup.
- If you are using a blender, allow the soup to cool and then blend it.
- Re-heat it before serving.
- Season with salt & pepper, and serve.
- If you can’t find leeks, use onions instead.
- Skip cream to serve and replace it with natural yoghurt or Greek yoghurt.