I love fruits and vegetables that are in season. And for me, summer is synonymous with watermelons. I try and put this amazing summer fruit to good use in juices and salads. Here is a salad that combines juicy watermelon pieces with salty feta cheese that is given a touch of freshness by mint leaves.
With just five ingredients, this salad is easy to make and is great for parties.
- Watermelon (Seedless) – ½, cubed
- Feta cheese – 50 gms
- Mint leaves – 1 sprig, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper – To season
- In a large bowl, add the watermelon.
- Crumble feta over the watermelon chunks.
- Sprinkle the chopped mint leaves.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix well and serve.
- You could add black olives to give it an interesting flavour.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to enhance the flavour.