Down with a cold, flu or have a bad tummy? This warm drink is just what you are looking for. It is a cup of goodness that is fortified with vitamin C, cold-fighting properties and digestion-friendly ingredients. On my recent trip to India, I was coming down with a bad cold and my father suggested that he had a ‘magic drink’ that will make me feel better. I thought it was going to be one of those bitter and terrible tasting medicinal drinks and I was apprehensive. Then, my father hands me a warm cup of this drink – not only did it taste great but was also quite helpful in keeping my sickness at bay. So, this recipe comes to all of you from my dearest father.
Note: This drink is not medicinal and can be consumed on a daily basis.
- Lemon – 1
- Dry ginger powder – ¼ tspn
- Honey – 2 tspns
- Water – 1 cup
- Boil water and keep aside.
- In a glass, squeeze the juice from one lemon; add dry ginger powder and honey.
- Pour hot water over the ingredients and stir well.
- Drink warm.
- Avoid consuming this drink first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach as this can cause a bit of acidity. Thanks to the lemon!
- You could replace dry ginger powder with fresh ginger. Wash, peel and pound the ginger and let it boil with the water for maximum flavour.
DISCLAIMER: This is not a prescribed medicine. Please seek professional help if you are unwell.