The Aussie summer has ended, and I am holding on to every last summer fruit that is available in the market. A dear friend and fellow food blogger, Dhanya Samuel has always been suggesting that I try champagne watermelon, which seemed very elusive. Recently, the yellow-coloured melon caught my attention at the local grocery store, and I had no two thoughts about buying it. Since I hadn’t tried this fruit before, I wanted to take the safest route out and include it in a juice.
This juice is a blend of champagne watermelon, honeydew melon and cucumber, making it a cool and healthy drink for warm days.
- Champagne watermelon/ red watermelon – 1/2 kg, roughly chopped
- Honeydew melon – ¼ kg, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Cucumber – 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- Ice cubes(optional) – 10
- Blend all the ingredients to make the juice. Add more water if you like your juice a little more dilute.
- Serve chilled.
- Add other melons like cantaloupes/ muskmelon or other varieties for a different taste.
- Squeeze half a lime for a tangy twist.
- For added freshness, blend a few mint leaves