Street-Style Veg Chutney Sandwich
Here is a quick, tasty and wholesome sandwich, perfect for breakfast or lunch. With very few ingredients going into it, this sandwich can be a lifesaver for your workday mornings. To make it even easier, prep for the sandwich the night before.
PS: The chutney recipe was given by a sandwich vendor himself 🙂
To make 2 sandwiches:
- Wholemeal sandwich (use any bread of your choice) – 4 slices
- Butter (optional) – To spread
- Sandwich chutney – To spread Click here
- Potato – 1 boiled, peeled and sliced
- Onion (small) – 1 sliced into thin rounds
- Cucumber – ½, peeled and thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper – To season
- Cut the corners of the bread, if you like.
- Spread desired amount of butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Smear the chutney well.
- Now, arrange the veggies according to your taste on two slices.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Close the sandwich with the remaining slices and serve.
- If you like your sandwich with a little cheese, add a slice of cheese after spreading the chutney and before assembling the veggies.
- This sandwich could be toasted on a griddle or sandwich maker.