How about giving fat-laden and calo-terrific dips and sides a break? Here is a salsa that will make your chips, crackers, tortillas and meat dishes tastier. It is a combination of fruity, savoury and tangy ingredients loaded with vitamin E, vitamin C, anti-oxidants and so much more. It is a ridiculously simple dish to put together and is easy on the calories too.
- Strawberries: 1 cup, chopped
- Avocado – 1/2, deseeded and chopped
- Onion (small) – 1, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 2, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1 small handful, finely chopped
- Lemon juice– 1 to 2 tblspns
- Salt – To taste
- Sugar (optional) – 1/2 tspn. [Use sugar if the strawberries are a little sour]
- Combine all the ingredients. Mix well and serve.
- Add cherry tomatoes for additional flavour.
- If the strawberry is sour, reduce the quantity of lemon juice.