This lovely dessert is my maiden attempt at baking. A big thanks to my sister, who is an amazing baker, for all the motivation to get me baking. A combination of sweet strawberries and sour granny smith apples teamed with flour, oats and sugar gives this soft and crumbly piece of heaven.
- Strawberry – 2 cups (halved)
- Apple – 1 (peeled and cut in medium-sized cubes)
- Sugar – 3 tblspns. For the fruits and ¾ cup for the crumble mix
- Oats – ¾ cup
- Butter – 120 gms (cubed)
- Plain/ all purpose flour – 1 tblspn for the fruits and 1 cup for the crumble mix
- Salt – ½ tspn
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tspn
- Pre-heat oven at 180ºc for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cut fruits, 3 tblspns sugar and 1 tblspn flour.
- Ensure while mixing, the fruits are properly coated in the sugar and flour mix. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, add 1 cup of the flour, ¾ cups sugar, salt, cinnamon powder and oats. Give it a mix.
- Add the butter. Make sure the butter is cold as it helps in making the crumble mix better.
- Using your hands, give this a good mix. Keep mixing till a crumbly consistency is achieved.
- Grease a baking dish and place the fruits.
- Spread them well in the dish. Top this with the crumble mix and spread it well to cover the fruits.
- Place the assembled baking dish in the oven at 180oc for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with cream or custard.