The newest addition to my kitchen – the vegetable spiraliser is fast becoming one of my favourite gadgets. It is easy to use; the veggies look lovely and interesting when spiralised too. I have spiralised veggies including cucumbers, zucchinis, carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. The results have been nothing but enjoyable.
I have been trying out a few things with this gadget, and with each use, I grow fonder of it. Did I mention that I love it?
This cucumber salad is super simple and is a great side for main meals. It has everyday ingredients and is easy to put together. As a bonus, it looks better when served compared to a simply sliced or diced vegetable.
This salad is everything summer, tasty and healthy.
I am looking forward to sharing more spiraliser recipes with you all as I discover fun things to make with this. No spiraliser? No problem! You could use a mandoline slicer or just about a knife to work these recipes out as well.
- Cucumbers – 2 (peeled or unpeeled take your pick)
- Onion – ½, finely chopped
- Chilli flakes (optional) – ½ tspn. Adjust according to your preference
- Lemon juice – 1 tblspn
- Salt and pepper – To taste
- Spiralise the cucumbers. I used the thin noodle blade.
- Place them in a strainer to let the excess water drain out.
- If you are serving it immediately, you can skip the previous step and proceed to the next step.
- In a serving bowl, combine the onions, spiralised cucumbers, chilli flakes and lemon juice. Mix them all well.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Add/omit spices depending on your preference.
- I have kept the salad basic. you could add veggies or dressing depending on your preference.