The refreshing buttermilk gets a cool addition – cucumber. This spiced buttermilk will keep you hydrated and cool during hot days, and as an added bonus it will aid in better digestion.
- Yoghurt – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1 ¼ cup
- Cucumber – ½, peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt – To taste
- Green chilli (optional) – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves – a small handful
- Ginger – ½ inch piece, peeled
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Place the ingredients in a blender and blitz for a few seconds till they are combined.
- If you like your buttermilk dilute, add more water and blitz once again.
- Serve chilled.
- Blitz cucumber to make a coarsely ground paste of it. Keep aside.
- In a mortar and pestle, pound the ginger and muddle chilli, coriander and curry leaves gently.
- Beat the curd and the water to mix well.
- Add the cucumber, muddled/ pounded ingredients and salt.
- Give it a mix. Serve chilled.