Here is a simple salad that is perfect for those on the go. Light, nutritious and quick to put together, this salad looks irresistible in a glass jar. If you are the kind who is a big fan of the make-ahead-meals concept, this will be perfect to prep and store in the fridge for a few days. Just add some dressing, salt and pepper, and your quick salad is ready.
- Carrot – ½, peeled and grated
- Cucumber – ½, thinly sliced
- Onion- 1, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1, halved and thinly sliced
- Capsicum (red and green) – ¼ of each, thinly sliced
- Baby spinach (optional) – 1 handful
- Mixed salad greens – 1 handful
- Salt and pepper – To season
- Low fat yoghurt dressing – Recipe here
- On the bottom of the jar, place the spinach and salad greens.
- Stack other chopped and sliced veggies in any order you like.
- Drizzle the yoghurt dressing.
- Season it with salt & pepper, and mix well before eating.
- If you plan to make this salad ahead of time and intend to store it in the fridge, stack all the veggies first and then add the salad greens and spinach. This is to prevent the greens from becoming soggy. Also add the dressing, salt and pepper as and when you are about to consume the salad.
- Add or replace any veggies of your choice.
- Use any dressing that you prefer instead of the suggested low fat yoghurt dressing.