The healthy and nutritious makes a fantastic snack. You will give the oily and unhealthy processed snacks a miss if you give this roasted chickpeas a go. The humble chickpeas is cooked, roasted and seasoned with flavourful and aromatic Indian spices.
- Chickpeas – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 Tblspn
- Salt – 1 Tspn
- Chat masala – 1 tspn
- Garam masala – ½ tspn
- Turmeric – ¼ tspn
- Chilli powder – 1 tspn
- Garlic powder – ½ tspn
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and pressure cook (1 whistle). Drain the chickpeas and let it dry completely.
- Pre-heat oven to 200º celcius for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix chickpeas and oil.
- Toss it well. In another cup, mix the dry spices well to make sure the flavours blend well.
- Now combine the oil-coated chickpeas with the dry spices. Ensure all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Place the chickpeas mixture on a baking tray and spread it well. Place it in the pre-heated oven.
- In the same temperature, let it roast for 25 to 30 minutes or till browned.
- Now the healthy and tasty snack is ready to be served.
- You could skip the soaking and pressure cooking step if you are using canned chickpeas. Make sure you clean the chickpeas well before you.
- You could use other spice powders depending on your preference.