A low-calorie, low-carb spread made with roasted capsicum, onion and garlic is sure to make your wraps and sandwiches tastier.
- Capsicum (red, yellow and green) – 1 each deseeded and cut into big chunks
- Onion (medium) – 1 cut into big chunks
- Garlic – 3 cloves (unpeeled)
- Chilli flakes – 1 tspn
- Salt – To taste
- Black pepper – To taste
- Dried oregano – ¼ tspn
- Olive oil spray
- Water – To grind
- In a baking tray place the vegetables, spray the oil, sprinkle salt and the herbs & spices.
- Give it a toss to coat the veggies in the spices and oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 220ºcelcius for 30 minutes.
- Halfway through the roasting process, remove the baking tray and turn the vegetables.
- Once done, allow it to cool.
- Blend the roasted ingredients with a little water to grind to a smooth paste.
- Now this tasty spread is ready to serve.
- It tastes lovely when spread on sandwiches and wraps. Load the sandwich/ wrap with your favourite veggies.
- If you want to make this spread into a dip/ salad dressing, grind it with a little more water to give it a saucy consistency.