- Capsicum (red, yellow and green) – 1 each de-seeded and cut into big chunks
- Onion (medium) – 1 cut into big chunks
- Garlic – 3 cloves (unpeeled)
- Salt – To taste
- Black pepper – To taste
- Dried oregano – ¼ tspn
- Olive oil spray or olive oil – As required
- Water – 2 to 3 cups
- In a baking tray place the vegetables, spray/ add olive oil, sprinkle salt, black pepper and dried oregano.
- Give it a toss to coat the veggies in the spices and oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 220ºcelcius for 30 minutes.
- Take and turn the vegetables half way through the roasting time.
- In the meantime place water in a pan to boil.
- Once done, peel the skin off the capsicum.
- Place them in the pan with boiling water, squeeze out the roasted garlic from the peel, add the onions.
- Turn the stove to medium-high, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and use a hand blender (or mixie) to blend the mix into a soup.
Season in required and serve hot.
- Instead of water, you could use stock or break a stock cube in the water for flavour.
- If you don’t have oil spray, drizzle some oil.
- The soup may be sweet to your liking as roasting brings out sweetness from the vegetables used in the recipe, so season or add spice accordingly.