Roasted Capsicum Soup or Roasted Bell Pepper Soup is a hearty dairy-free, vegan soup that can be made with minimal effort. Find step-by-step pictures to make this delicious soup.
Capsicum or bell peppers are the hero of this dish. Add to that roasted onions and tomatoes, you have the simplest and yummiest of soups there is. The flavours of the roasted vegetables complement each other and bring out the most amazing colour, which is quite the feast for the eyes too!
Serve this moreish soup on its own or with a crisply toasted piece of bread.
Capsicum – Delicious & Nutritious
A bit of Google search gives glowing recommendation for the vegetables and its nutritional profile.
Low in calories, high in nutrition and that’s the simplest way to describe this yummy vegetable. Capsicum is wonderful source of Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, E and K. The red capsicums especially are a good source of Vitamin A & C compared to the green ones. This delicious vegetable is a good source of fibre as well.
So, there is no dearth of these amazing qualities in this Roasted Capsicum Soup because there is a generous portion of capsicum and in different colours that go into making this hearty soup.
- The Roasted Capsicum Soup tastes great on its own. Sprinkle sliced fresh chillies or chilli flakes to jazz it up.
- Chop up herbs of your choice to add a touch of freshness to the soup.
- Serve with a cheese toastie or sandwich to make it a complete meal.
- Serve with a side of bread sticks or crisply toasted bread slices to dip into this delicious soup.
- Add or adjust ingredients to suit your taste.
- Make it more wholesome by adding other vegetables like zucchini, potato and/or sweet potato.
- I used freeze dried chives in this recipe, basil, thyme, rosemary or any fresh or dried herb varieties work well with for this soup.
- To give it a spice kick, roast any chilli varieties.
More Soup Recipe Ideas
Simple Spinach Soup
- Capsicum (red, yellow and green) – 1 each de-seeded and cut into big chunks
- Onion (medium) – 1 cut into big chunks
- Tomato – 2
- Garlic – 3 cloves (unpeeled)
- Salt – To taste
- Black pepper – To taste
- Dried herbs (any variety of your choice) – 1/4 tsp or more
- Olive oil spray or olive oil – As required
- Water – 2 to 3 cups
- In a baking tray place the vegetables, spray/ add olive oil, sprinkle salt, black pepper and dried oregano.
- Give it a toss to coat the veggies in the spices and oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 220ºcelcius for 30 minutes.
- Take and turn the vegetables half way through the roasting time.
- In the meantime place water in a pan to boil.
- Place the roasted vegetables except the garlic in the saucepan with boiling water.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic from the peel and add into the soup mix.
- Turn the stove to medium-high, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and use a hand blender (or blender) to blend the mix into a soup.
Season in required and serve hot.
- Instead of water, you could use stock or break a stock cube in the water for flavour.
- If you don’t have oil spray, drizzle some oil.
- The soup may be sweet to your liking as roasting brings out sweetness from the vegetables used in the recipe, so season or add spice accordingly.
Step-by-Step Photo Instructions