Looking for a soup that is nutritious, tasty and quick to cook? Well, the peas and coriander soup is just what you’ve been looking for. This yummy soup is loaded with taste and proteins that are sure to get you hooked. While this soup is perfect as a starter or mid-meal snack, it makes for a wonderful post-workout drink when your body’s ability to absorb protein is at its best. Coriander leaves add a touch of refreshment to this lovely soup.
- Frozen peas – 2 cups
- Onion – 1, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, peeled
- Celery stalk (optional) – 1 cup, chopped
- Coriander – ½ a bunch, roughly chopped (Reserve a tspn of the chopped coriander for garnish)
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn
- Oil – 1 ½ tspn
- Water/ Stock – 4 cups
- Salt & pepper– To season
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, celery stalk and garlic.
- Cook till the raw smell leaves.
- Toss the peas and cook for a few minutes till they are soft.
- Add the coriander powder and sauté for a minute.
- Pour in the water/stock. Give it a stir and bring it to a boil.
- Allow the peas to completely soften.
- Once done, strain some of the water and reserve it.
- Now add the chopped coriander. Using a stick blender or mixer grinder, blend the mixture.
- Keep adding the reserved water till the desired consistency for the soup is achieved.
- Season and serve hot.
- If you are using fresh peas instead of the frozen ones, the cooking time will be longer.
- You could add curry powder, cumin powder or other spices that you like to enhance the flavour.
- You could also serve the soup with yoghurt, sour cream or cheese.