This time I am keeping my paneer basic, and in a salad. It’s one of the easiest dishes you can put together for a nutritious keto meal. I love this especially with a delectable home-made sour cream dressing.
The possibilities are endless with this one. You could swap the vegetables and cheese, and it would still be D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!
- Paneer – 150 g, cut into bite-sized cubes
- Lettuce – 150 g
- Onion – 12 g
- Cherry tomatoes – 20 g
- Cucumber – 15g
- Capsicum – 20g
- Olives – 30g
- Jalapeno – 25g
- Green chillies, chopped (optional) – 2
- Cheese – Grated or slices, chopped roughly
- Salt – As required
- Ground pepper – To season
- Olive oil – ½ tblspn.
For the dressing:
Sour cream – 1.5 tbslpns
Water – as required
Fresh chives (optional) – 4 sprigs, chopped
Salt & pepper – To season
Method for the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, add sour cream and add a few drops of water.
- Whisk until the sour cream is thin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped chives.
- Mix all the ingredients well and set aside or refrigerate.
Method for the Salad:
- In a large bowl, add all the vegetables and top it with the paneer cubes and cheese.
- Drizzle the prepared salad dressing and olive oil when you are ready to consume the salad.
- Mix well and serve fresh.
- I have used cheddar cheese slice, swap for any other cheese of your liking.
- Add/omit ingredients to suit your taste.
- The ingredients have been measured to keep in mind my ketogenic macros. Adjust quantities of the ingredients to suit your needs.
- I have had this salad with an addition of crumbled feta, and it tasted incredible.
- Can’t get sour cream? Not a worry! Use Greek yoghurt or full-fat natural yoghurt.
- I have used iceberg lettuce, use any variety or mixed greens in the salad.
- I prefer using fresh paneer in the salad, you may shallow fry the paneer pieces in ghee or butter and include it in the salad.