Here is an interesting take on the very comforting hot chocolate. Complete with the mood-uplifting chocolate, calming cinnamon and spicy cayenne pepper for that little kick – this will sure become the drink for those cold, cozy nights.
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sweetened drinking chocolate powder – 4 heaped spoons
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tspn
- Cayenne Pepper Powder – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Bring milk to a boil, turn the stove down to a low flame, add the drinking cocoa powder, salt and the dry spices.
- Keep stirring to prevent the powders from forming a lump. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and serve.
- I have used 2% fat milk, you could use whole milk, almond, soy or rice milk.
- If cayenne pepper powder is not available, use regular chilli powder.
- To thicken your hot chocolate, you could add dark chocolate pieces, chopped just after adding the cocoa powder.
If you are using unsweetened drinking chocolate powder, add sugar based on your requirement.