The yummy apple pie comes in a liquid avatar. This guilt-free indulgence combines the classic flavours of the apple pie to make a perfect breakfast, mid-meal or post-workout drink.
Note: The recipe contains milk. If you have dietary restrictions, replace it with rice/soy/ almond milk.
- Apple (Any variety of your choice) – 1, cored and roughly cut
- Oats – 2 heaped tblspns
- Seedless dates – 4
- Milk – 2 cups
- Water – To soak dates
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tspn
- Nutmeg powder – ¼ tspn
- Fill a small bowl with water and soak the dates. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the oats till it slightly changes colour and is roasted enough to be powdered.
- Once done, remove pan from the stove and allow the roasted oats to cool.
- Grind the oats to a coarse powder once cool. Keep aside.
- In the jar of a blender, add the apple pieces, roasted and powdered oats, nutmeg and cinnamon powder.
- To it, add the soaked dates. Discard the water. Add milk to the ingredients and blend it till the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve chilled.