Are you feeding a crowd this holiday season or just simply looking for a tasty solution to consume fruits? How about some spiced-coated and grilled apple & pineapples?
- Granny Smith apples– 2, cut into big chunks
- Pineapple – 1, cut into big chunks
- Chaat masala – 1 tspn
- Black salt – ¼ tspn
- Aam chur – ¼ tspn
- Chilli powder – ½ tspn
- Salt ( optional) – To taste
- Oil – To coat
- In a mixing bowl, add the fruits and spices.
- Give it a mix to ensure the spices completely coat the fruits.
- Let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degree centigrade in grill setting.
- While the oven is heating, put the fruit chunks into a skewer and spray or brush a little oil over the fruit skewers.
- Put them into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, turning the skewer half way through the grilling process.
- Once the edges start browning and the fruits look ‘grilled’ enough remove them from the oven and serve with mint chutney or they work fine without a dip too.
- While placing the fruits in the skewer, you could alternate between pineapple and apple pieces in each skewer.
- Sprinkle a little sugar while mixing the fruits with spices if you think the fruits are sour.
- I have used Granny Smith apples, you could use any other variety of apple.