When two nutritious ingredients go into making a drink, can it be anything short of healthy? This is one such awesome drink that takes iced tea to a new level.
Chia seeds has gained popularity in the recent past, and rightfully so. These tiny seeds of goodness come with a host of nutrients, which are beneficial to the body. It is rich in fibre, Omega-3, calcium, protein, minerals and antioxidants. It is a great protein source for vegans and vegetarians.
The green tea is another nutritional powerhouse. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Although rich in caffeine, it is comparatively lower than other caffeine sources. Several researches suggest that it aids in lowering cholesterol.
This drink is not just energising, it is also a great way to hydrate your body in the tastiest way possible.
This recipe inspiration comes from this lovely blog called In Sonnet’s Kitchen. Check out her blog for some healthy, tasty and wholesome foods. http://www.insonnetskitchen.com/
- Green tea bags (any variety or just about any tea works) – 2
- Chia seeds – 1 tblspn.
- Lemon slices – 2
- Mint leaves – 2 to 4
- Water – 2 to 3 cups
- Place tea bags in a clean glass or Mason jar. Pour hot water into the container.
- Allow the tea to steep for about 6 minutes or based on the instructions provided for the tea.
- Discard the tea bags.
- Now, add the chia seeds. Stir once.
- Add the lemon slices and mint leaves.
- Allow the drink to cool and refrigerate it.
- You can refrigerate the drink from anywhere between 2 hours to overnight. The longer you allow the drink to infuse, the more intense the flavour.
- Optionally, you could sweeten your drink with honey, stevia or sugar.
- Serve chilled.