There is something magical about the garlic and potato combo, which is irresistible. The dynamic duo come together to make a great appetizer that is full of flavour and all sorts of amazing. In this dish, garlic is fried to infuse the oil, which is then drizzled over cooked potatoes and allowed to bake to create this plate of yumminess. Here’s to all potato lovers
- Garlic – 10 cloves, peeled and minced
- Baby potatoes/ chaat potatoes – 12 – 15
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Salt – To taste
- Pepper – To taste
- Cajun seasoning (Or any seasoning of your choice)-2 tblspns.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add the minced garlic and fry till it is golden in colour.
- Once done, remove the skillet from the stove and let the garlic infuse the oil for about an hour.
- Wash and boil potatoes.
- The potatoes need to be boiled just enough to be able to put a fork or knife through it. Over boiling can make the potato difficult to be smashed.
- Drain water from the pot and keep the potatoes aside.
- Once the oil is infused, pre heat the oven at 180*c for 5 minutes.
- While the oven is preheating, line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the potatoes on the tray.
- Using the back of a spoon, smash the potatoes; the idea is to not disintegrating it while smashing it.
- Scoop out garlic with some oil and drizzle it over the smashed potatoes.
- Ensure all the potatoes get a considerable amount of fried garlic and the infused oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning over each potato.
- Pop it into the pre-heated oven at 160 to 180*c for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are baked, crisp and golden.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.
- While frying minced garlic, you could also add minced green chillies for a spicy kick in the oil.
- Avoid peeling the potatoes. When drizzled with oil and baked, the skin gets crispy and oh-so-tasty