This soup is so tasty that you will forget it is medicinal. Loaded with the goodness of zucchini and spinach, this soup makes for a good meal accompaniment.
- Zucchini – 2 (unpeeled and sliced)
- Spinach – 2 cups
- Leek – 1 chopped roughly
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Curry powder – 1 tspn
- Cumin Powder – ½ tspn
- Chilli powder – ½ tspn
- Salt and pepper – To season
- Oil – ½ tblspn
- Water/ stock – 4 cups
- Heat oil in a pan, add leeks and garlic and sweat it out a bit.
- Toss in the zucchini and sautee for a few minutes. Add the dry spices and cook for a minute or two on medium flame.
- Add the spinach leaves and give it a mix. Don’t let the spinach wilt too much.
- Pour the water/stock and turn the flame up to high.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan, turn the flame to medium-low and let it simmer for 15 or till the zucchini becomes soft.
- Once done, remove from flame and blend it into a soup.
- Add more stock or water depending on the consistency you’d like. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top it off with a small teaspoon of yoghurt (optional).
- The soup is ready to be served.
- If you are using stock, reduce the amount of salt as the stock may already contain some amount of salt in it.
- If you can’t find leeks, add onions instead.