Desserts are a major weakness for many but not for me. If there is one dessert that could make me a convert, it is coconut laddoo. Yes, this inconspicuous Indian sweet has become an instant favourite besides being a regular feature at my home.
- Grated coconut – 500 gm
- Condensed milk – 1 can
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tblspn
- Raisins – To garnish
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the grated coconut and keep stirring it till all the moisture is gone.
- Now pour the milk and condensed milk into the ghee-toasted grated coconut.
- Keep stirring it till the liquids are completely absorbed by the coconut (This should take about 20 to 30 minutes).
- The idea is to achieve a sticky and mouldable consistency. Once done, remove from heat. Transfer it into a bowl and let it cool.
- Follow that step by refrigerating this mixture for about 2 hours or till it slightly hardened.
- After refrigerating for the said time, rub a little ghee on your palms.
- Scoop out a small quantity of the mixture and make them into tiny balls.
- Top them off with raisins and serve.
To enhance the flavour, you could add powdered green cardamom and saffron while stirring the coconut with condensed milk and milk.