Chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please! This chocolate-flavoured chia pudding is filling, nutritious and 100% delicious.
The good fats for the pudding comes from chia, and rendering its chocolatey flavour is the cacao, rich in anti-oxidants and micronutrients! Chia seeds are filling, tasty and in combination with the cacao makes one of the easiest and tastiest keto breakfasts ever.
Come at me, chocolate goodness!
- Chia seeds – 2 tblspn
- Heavy Cream – 2 tblspn
- Almond milk unsweetened ¼ cup
- Cacao powder – 1 tblspn
- Stevia drops – 4
- 90% Lindt dark chocolate squares – 2 (optional)
- In a jar, add the almond milk, stevia and cacao powder.Close the jar and give it a good shake to mix the powder in the liquid.
- Add the chia seeds and cream. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- Allow it to refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Top it with shaved or chopped chocolate and served chilled.
- Chia expands, and it is totally normal.
- If you don’t have cacao, unsweetened cocoa will work just as well.
- This can be prepared a night before. The chia absorbs most of the liquid when left to chill for longer. If you like a thicker consistency, this is perfect. If not, add a splash of water or almond milk to thin the pudding.
- I sometimes top it with a teaspoon of cacao nibs if I am out of Lindt.
- Use Stevia in powdered form if you can’t get it in liquid form.
- If you wish to make this completely vegan, replace cream with coconut milk.