If you are looking for a salad that is crunchy, tasty and keep your tummy feeling full for longer then this your pick. Loaded with chickpeas and an assortment of vegetables, this salad will soon become a regular feature in your meal.
- 1 cup Chickpeas (soaked overnight and pressure cooked with 1 whistle)
- ½ cup Capsicum
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 big handful of salad greens
- 1/4 pitted and halved olives
- ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 table spoon of any salad dressing of your choice
- Salt and pepper – To season
- Combine the chickpeas and vegetables.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil, salad dressing (I used lime juice) and season with salt and pepper.
- The salad is now ready to serve.
- If you find the process of soaking and pressure cooking tedious, just use canned chickpeas.