A warm cup of soup is undeniably the most popular comfort food. For me, it certainly is. Soup elevates my mood and makes my meal complete. I have combined juicy carrots and fresh coriander to make this delicious soup. Care for some?
- Carrots – 4, peeled and diced roughly
- Onion – 1, roughly chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, peeled
- Coriander – ½ a bunch, roughly chopped (Reserve a tspn of the chopped coriander for garnish)
- Chilli powder – ½ tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Oil – 1 ½ tspn
- Water/ Stock – 4 cups
- Salt & pepper– To season
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and garlic, cook till the raw smell leaves.
- Toss the carrot pieces and cook for a few minutes till they are soft.
- Pour in the water/stock and add the dry spices.
- Give it a stir and bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, turn the flame down to medium-low, cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 to 20 mins or till the carrots are completely soft.
- After the carrots have softened, strain some of the water and reserve it. Now add the chopped coriander.
- Using a stick blender or mixer grinder, blend the mixture.
- Keep adding the reserved water till the desired consistency for the soup is achieved.
- Season and serve hot.
- You could add curry powder, cumin powder or other spices that you like to enhance the flavour.
- You could also serve the soup with sour cream or cheese.