Juicy berries blended with almond milk makes a refreshing breakfast or post-workout drink.
The anti oxidants-rich berries provide natural sweetness making it easy to skip the sugar or sweetener. Almond milk is low in sodium & bad cholesterol; and it is a rich source of B vitamins and vitamin E thereby making it a great source of nutrition.
I added a little oats to give the drink some thickness, which also makes it a tasty addition.
- Mixed berries (frozen) – 1 cup
- Unsweetened almond milk – 1
- Oats (optional) – 1 tblspn.
- In a pan, dry roast oats. Don’t brown them. Once done, keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Add the berries, almond milk and roasted oats in a blender jar. Blend it smooth and serve chilled. Optionally, you could also blend the smoothie with a few ice cubes.
- Replace almond milk with full-fat, 2% fat, soy milk, rice milk or other milk substitute of your choice.
- I have used frozen mixed berries, you could add fresh mixed berries in place of the frozen ones.
- Instead of mixed berries you could use only strawberries, blueberries or other berries I your choice.