Being on a ketogenic lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the sweet things. What if I told you you could enjoy a dessert-like dish for breakfast? That’s right, a breakfast that can easily pass for dessert, the Berries & Cream Chia Pudding is the bee’s knees!
You can’t really go wrong with the berries and cream combination, add the mix chia pudding and you get the dreamiest and creamiest brekkies of them all!
Incredibly easy to put together and with just 6 ingredients, it doesn’t get much simpler than this! This is a go-to breakfast in my home and I prepare it overnight for a grab-and-go breakfast.
- Chia seeds – 2 tblspn
- Heavy Cream – 2 tblspn
- Almond milk unsweetened ¼ cup
- Strawberries – 2 large
- Raspberries – 2 to 4
- Stevia drops (vanilla creme flavour) – 4 I use this
- In a jar, add the chia seeds, almond milk and a drop of stevia.
- Close the jar and give it a good shake to mix the chia and almond milk.
- Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- Allow it to refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours. I usually prepare this the night before and sets for a longer time.
- For the whipped cream:
- While the chia is chilling, prepare whipped cream.
- Add the heavy cream in a bowl
- I use a milk frother to whip cream, especially in small quantities.
- Using the frother, tilt the bowl slightly and give the cream a good whirl.
- Halfway through the process, add a few drops of the stevia drops and continue of whipping until the cream thickens and is fluffy in texture.
- Allow it to refrigerate.
- Alternatively, you could just top the pudding with cream sweetened with stevia drops and skip the whipping bit.
- Before you’re ready to serve the pudding, assemble it. Top the chia pudding with whipped cream and the berries.
- Serve chilled.
- Chia expands, and it is totally normal.
- This can be prepared a night before. The chia absorbs most of the liquid when left to chill for longer. If you like a thicker consistency, this is perfect. If not, add a splash of water or almond milk to thin the pudding.
- If you can’t find vanilla creme flavoured stevia, simply use stevia combined with a few drops of vanilla essence.
- Use Stevia in powdered form if you can’t get it in liquid form.
- If you wish to make this completely vegan, replace cream with coconut milk.