When a salad has a good mix of fruits, veggies & beans, topped with a light dressing, can it be anything short of nutritious? This four-bean salad is power-packed with loads of proteins and fibres. The legumes in the salad help keep your blood pressure, insulin levels and bowel health in check. To fortify this salad there are tasty and healthy vegetables like onions, avocado and tomato. This salad doubles up as a filling for a wrap. Whether you fancy a salad or a wrap, this makes for a healthy choice. Truly beantastic, isn’t it?
Note: I have used canned beans. You could soak the beans (chickpeas, butter beans, red kidney beans and white beans) overnight, cook and use it in the salad.
- Four-bean mix– 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Onion – 1, chopped finely
- Cherry tomatoes – 8 to 10, halved
- Avocado (ripe) – 1, cubed
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt- To season
For the dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1tblspn
- Lime juice – ½ tblspn
- Chilli flakes – ¼ tspn
- Cumin powder -1/4 tspn
- Garlic – 1 clove, minced
- Pepper –To season
- In a large mixing bowl, toss in the beans and vegetables. Keep aside.
- In a small cup, combine the ingredients under ‘For the dressing’ and mix well.
- Pour over the mixing bowl with the beans and veggies. Sprinkle some salt and mix all the ingredients well. Serve as a salad.
- If you are using this as a wrap filler, tear up a few lettuce leaves and top it with the salad. Wrap it up and eat.